When choosing a paper shredder, there are several factors to consider to ensure you find the best fit for your needs.
How to Choose a paper shredder in 5 easy Steps!
Step 1. Where will the shredder be located and how many people will use it?
- Home/Personal shredder – 1 to 2 users
- Small Office – up to 10 users
- Departmental/Medium Duty shredder – up to 20 users
- Large Office/Heavy Duty shredder – up to 20+ users
Step 2. How frequently will the shredder be used!
- Home/Personal shredder – 1 to 2 times a week
- Small Office – 20 times a day
- Departmental/Medium Duty shredder – 35 times a day
- Large Office/Heavy Duty shredder – 50+ times a day
Step 3. Which type of feed: Hand free or Manual?
- Hand Free( Auto-Feed Shredder)
- Load sheets and auto feed shredder will automatically start shredding while you do something else
- Shreds up to certain number of sheet at one time
Step 4. What security level should you have?
- Basic security – for day to day paperwork containing non-sensitive information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 30 pieces) / STRIP CUT / STRAIGHT CUT
- General security – for day to day paperwork containing sensitive information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 200 pieces) / CROSS CUT
- Confidential security – For business documents containing proprietary information and/or sensitive personal information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 400 pieces) / CROSS CUT
- High security – For confidential business documents with ID, financial and strategic information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 2000 pieces) / MICRO CUT
- Super High Security – cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 6000 pieces / SUPER MICRO-CUT
- Ultra High Security – cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 13,000 pieces / ULTRA MICRO-CUT
Step 5. Select paper feed capacity and bin size. A higher paper feed capacity means less time spent shredding. A larger bin allows more shredding before emptying the bin.
Wait…. Last but not least
Step 6. Which Shredder Features Will Make Your Job Easier?
- Pull Bin or Remove Motor Shredder
- Overheating Protection
- Running time and Rest Time ( Continuous Operation?)
- Throat Size / Insertion Width
- Paper Jam Feature
- Auto Reverse Function
- Energy Saving
- Bin Full Protection Warning
- Safety Features
- Able to shred CD, Staple, Credit card
- Caster Roller