How to Choose a paper shredder in 5 easy Steps!
Step 1. Where will the shredder be located and how many people will use it?
Step 2. How frequently will the shredder be used!
Step 3. Which type of feed: Hand free or Manual?
- Hand Free( Auto-Feed Shredder)
- Load sheets and auto feed shredder will automatically start shredding while you do something else
- Shreds up to certain number of sheet at one time
Step 4. What security level should you have?
- Basic security – for day to day paperwork containing non-sensitive information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 30 pieces) / STRIP CUT / STRAIGHT CUT
- General security – for day to day paperwork containing sensitive information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 200 pieces) / CROSS CUT
- Confidential security – For business documents containing proprietary information and/or sensitive personal information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 400 pieces) / CROSS CUT
- High security – For confidential business documents with ID, financial and strategic information (cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 2000 pieces) / MICRO CUT
- Super High Security – cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 6000 pieces / SUPER MICRO-CUT
- Ultra High Security – cut 1 A4 Paper into approx. 13,000 pieces / ULTRA MICRO-CUT
Step 5. Select paper feed capacity and bin size. A higher paper feed capacity means less time spent shredding. A larger bin allows more shredding before emptying the bin.
Wait…. Last but not least
Step 6. Which Shredder Features Will Make Your Job Easier?
- Pull Bin or Remove Motor Shredder
- Overheating Protection
- Running time and Rest Time ( Continuous Operation?)
- Throat Size / Insertion Width
- Paper Jam Feature
- Auto Reverse Function
- Energy Saving
- Bin Full Protection Warning
- Safety Features
- Able to shred CD, Staple, Credit card
- Caster Roller